MEDICARE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. What's a Medigap policy?
A. Medigap policy is private health insurance that helps supplement
Original Medicare. This means it helps pay some of the health
care costs that Original Medicare doesn’t cover (like copayments,
coinsurance, and deductibles). These are “gaps” in Medicare coverage. For more information go to: https://www.medicare.gov/supplement-other-insurance/medigap/whats-medigap.html. Copy and paste url in your browser.
2. Who qualifies for Medicare?
A. Medicare is health insurance for people 65 or older, people under 65 with certain disabilities, and people of any age with End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) (permanent kidney failure requiring dialysis or a kidney transplant).
3. Are there different parts of Medicare?
A. Yes. There are numerous Parts identified as letters (Part A, Part B, Part C, etc...) that cover Hospital Insurance, Medical Insurance, Medicare Advantage, Medicare prescription drug, etc... With so many choices it can be an overwhelming task to understand them all, contact Mona Odom who specializes in Medicare Supplements.
4. What should I consider when choosing or changing my coverage?
A. There are numerous things you should consider when choosing coverage and we have a variety of ways to help you choose which will benefit you the most.
- Convenience: Where are doctor's offices?
- Budgets: How much are my premiums, deductibles, and other costs?
- Coverage: How well does the plan cover my services I need?
- Doctor/Hospital Choice: Health care providers accept my coverage? Do I need referrals?
- Prescription drugs: Are my drugs covered under my plan?